Are you drowning in social media tasks?
Do you need better tools to help you manage your social media marketing?
Automating some of the more repetitive tasks related to social media can help you be more productive and efficient with the execution of your social media strategy.
To save you time and improve your marketing efforts, I’ll show you three social media tools that will deliver your content efficiently.
1: Be More Efficient on Facebook
Post Planner, an independent application you install within Facebook, is designed to help you deliver content to your Facebook Page effectively. The app offers paid plans and a free trial. We’ve used the free trial for the demonstration below.
- Automate publishing of selected content to your Facebook Page based on a time schedule that you predetermine.
- Identify trending content to add to your queue.
- Add your blog feed and publish your new posts automatically.
- Crowdsource content from other Post Planner users. If a Post Planner user creates a folder containing content from the top Facebook experts, this folder is available to other Post Planner users to select content from.
- View the latest content from your favorite Facebook Pages, Twitter accounts or blogs from within Post Planner and add articles, tweets or posts to your queue.
- View simple analytics that show you the percentage of people who liked your post, clicked it or commented on it.
- Target your posts based on a selection of details such as gender, age group and level of education and save the target for future use. Link the targeting to a time zone and Post Planner will adjust the publish time.
- Post Planner provides a database of thousands of updates you can search to find ideas for your status updates.
- Upload a bulk file of posts.
2: Automate Repetitive Tasks Between Platforms and Apps
Zapier will automate tasks between online services. For example, when a new video is uploaded to your YouTube channel, Zapier will send out a tweet. The app offers a standard free service and paid premium plans. We’ve used the free trial for this demonstration.
Zapier currently works with over 200 online services and more services are added regularly.
- Automate trigger events (Zaps) between supported services so that if a particular event happens with one service, an action is performed on another service.
- Set up multiple Zaps for multiple services.
- Customize what gets included in the trigger: For example, select specific fields of a form to be copied to a trigger action.
3: Distribute New Blog Posts
When you publish a new blog post, you want to send it out to your social networks. Dlvr.it allows you to do this automatically and provides good analytics in the bargain. The app offers free and paid versions.
- Automatically post your blog articles to Twitter, Facebook, Google+ (business page), App.net, Tumblr, StatusNet, Delicious and RSS feed.
- If you have multiple authors writing blog posts, set dlvr.it to submit specific post to an appropriate account based on the author. For example, post a new article to the relevant author’s Twitter account.
- Embed a Top Posts widget on your website to showcase the most popular content that was shared out through dlvr.it.
- Track clicks on any links you send out through dlvr.it.
- Dlvr.it will automatically add hashtags to the content you send out.
Full automation of social media is never advisable, but automation of some tasks can save time and free you up for content creation, market research and overall engagement.
Graham Buchanan - WSI Internet Consulting Eastbourne - helping businesses to improve their Internet Marketing across Sussex, Surrey and Kent.